Privacy Statement Bankstown City Council 2011
Your privacy is important to Bankstown City Council. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Bankstown City Council collects, and the ways in which Bankstown City Council may use that personal information. Council will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the privacy of individuals as required by law.
Personal information collection
Bankstown City Council may collect and use the following personal information:
- information about your use of this website (including but not limited to IP address, page(s) visited and links used);
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website (including but not limited to your name, address, phone number and email);
- information about transactions carried out on this website (including but not limited to credit card details, name, address, phone number and email);
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services (including but not limited to name, address, phone number and email); and
Using personal information
- any other information that you send to Bankstown City Council.
Bankstown City Council may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalise the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you Council communications; and/or
- gather data for analysis.
By using this website, you consent to Bankstown City Council disclosing your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for the purposes referred to above. If you do not consent to any such disclosure, please contact Bankstown City Council at the address provided below.
Bankstown City Council may also disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, including in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
Bankstown City Council will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access or alteration of your personal information.
Bankstown City Council will take reasonable steps to securely store all personal information you provide on its secure servers, where it is deemed necessary.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Updating this statement
Bankstown City Council can update this Privacy Statementby posting a new version of iton this website.It is your responsibility to check the website for any such changes to ensure that you are familiar with them.
This website contains links to other websites.
Bankstown City Council is not responsible for the privacy statements or practices of any third party.
City Council If you believe Bankstown City Council has not complied with this Privacy Statement or have any questions about thisStatement in general, you can contact Council in writing by email
by post to:
The General Manager
Bankstown City Council
P.O. Box 8
BANKSTOWN NSW 1885