Australian Conservation Foundation
- Australia's leading national, environmental organisation.
Australian Greenhouse Office
- part of the Department of the Environment and Heritage, delivers the majority of programmes under the Australian Government’s $1.8 billion climate change strategy.
Bicycle New South Wales
- a member-funded and -owned, not-for-profit peak community organisation established in 1976. Bicycle NSW's Mission is to promote, advocate, and support cycling in all its forms as an environmentally sustainable and healthy form of transport, recreation and tourism through the engagement of government, industry and the community at all levels.
Clean Up Australia
- Beginning 15 years ago with Clean Up Australia Day this organisation works to inspire communities to clean up, fix up and conserve our environment.
Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities (Federal Government)
- Your gateway to Australian environment resources on the Internet.
- Health and Environmental information package for home renovators.
Flora for Fauna
- Flora for Fauna is an initiative of the Nursery & Garden Industry and is supported by the Federal Government through its Natural Heritage Trust. The nurseries and garden centres of Australia want to spread the message that Flora for Fauna gardens can be a joy to the people who create them as well as a lifesaver to the fauna that find sanctuary there.
- works in partnership with landholders, the community, government and business to tackle environmental degradation in a practical, apolitical, scientific way.
- an independent organisation campaigning to ensure a just, peaceful, sustainable environment for future generations.
- a national accreditation program that sets stringent environmental and reporting standards for renewable energy products offered by electricity suppliers to households and businesses across Australia.
Green Vehicle Guide
- The Green Vehicle Guide helps you by rating new Australian
vehicles based on greenhouse and air pollution emissions.
NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
- OEH has responsibilities and powers under legislation for environment protection (including pollution, chemicals, waste and radiation), natural resource management (including native vegetation and coastal management), national parks and marine parks, native plants and animals, water extraction, management and supply, and protection of Aboriginal cultural heritage. Encompassing the former Environmental Protection Authority, Resource NSW, NSW Department of Energy Utilities and Sustainability (some functions), National Parks and Wildlife Service.
NSW Office of Water
- It is responsible for managing the State's surface and ground water resources.
NSW Department of Trade and Investment
- Drives sustainable economic growth in New South Wales. The key functional areas include agriculture, fisheries, forests, food security and agricultural sustainability, biosecurity, catchment management, water management, marine parks, food regulation and safety, rural affairs and rural service delivery, rural assistance, Crown lands management, soil conservation services, mineral resources, energy, biofuels, state development, regional development, small business, international markets and trade, investment attraction, tourism, major events, arts, liquor, gaming and racing.
- Check out your ecological footprint!
- co-operative that sells industrial discards, off-cuts and over-runs to the public for creative and practical uses, reducing the amount of waste going to landfill.
- Streamwatch is a school and community education and action program that raises awareness of the natural environment through testing water quality in local rivers and streams. The program empowers groups to protect the health of local waterways through their involvement in water quality monitoring.
Sydney Catchment Authority
- NSW Government agency whose task is to manage and protect Sydney's catchments and supply bulk water to its customers.
Sydney Metropolitan Catchment Management Authority
- The Sydney Metropolitan Catchment Management Authority (SMCMA) is a NSW Government agency responsible for the coordination and management of Sydney’s natural resources. In Sydney, natural resources include land, rivers, estuaries and coastal systems.
- provides drinking water and wastewater services to more than four million people in Sydney, Illawarra and the Blue Mountains.
The Pedestrian Council of Australia
- encourages the promotion of walking as a safe and legitimate transport mode and an important, healthy, social activity.
Total Environment Centre
- Established in 1972 the Centre's mission is to defend the environment. As the communities voice for environmental advocacy TEC takes community concerns to the decision-makers and strive for environmental justice.
- committed to recycling and the environment, VISY provides recycling and packaging services and products across Australia, New Zealand, and the USA.
Waste Service NSW
- Chullora Waste and Recycling Centre takes various household and commercial waste products. Household chemicals such as paint; vehicle batteries and Engine (sump) oil can all be taken to Chullora for safe disposal. Visit their site for a full list of accepted items.
- An Australian Weeds Committee National Initiative. Provides a list of all noxious weeds in Australia, as well of other weeds of significance.
World Wide Fund for Nature
- the world's largest independent conservation organisation, committed to conserving the unique wildlife of Australia and the Asia-Pacific.
Water for Life
- NSW Department of Water & Energy 'Education Program' being delivered to promote awareness on saving water.